Nautical Nomad

These are the journals of a modern-day nomad from St. Paul, Minnesota. Included are land and sea travels from Africa to the Mediterranean to Indonesia. I've volunteered--released baby turtles into the ocean, conducted fish research, and written a marketing plan for a non-profit. The recent forcus has been to immerse myself in the local culture.

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Initial observations of Diving in Fiji

Two days of diving from Volivoli Beach Resort. Four dives. Some of the best sea fans I’ve ever seen. Huge and unblemished. The coral is spectacular, so much so I've almost forgotten to pay attention to the fishes. It’s healthy, colorful and pristine. Most people have come from the states, some from Australia which is a mere 2-hour flight away, vs. an 11-hour flight from LA. It will take me at least a few more days to get over the jetlag (and my cold), but at least I’m two days ahead of the 35 divers from Denver who arrived today, and with whom I’ll be diving with over the next week.  Pics to follow I hope. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home