Nautical Nomad

These are the journals of a modern-day nomad from St. Paul, Minnesota. Included are land and sea travels from Africa to the Mediterranean to Indonesia. I've volunteered--released baby turtles into the ocean, conducted fish research, and written a marketing plan for a non-profit. The recent forcus has been to immerse myself in the local culture.

Thursday, November 17, 2022

On the Road Again



Well finally I’m on the road again after several years of being cooped up in the US because of COVID. Making up for missed travel, I’m in the Indo-Pacific region. Specifically, I’m in Fiji to scuba dive, then on to New Zealand for touring the south and north islands and finally on to Australia to see little/blue/ferry penguins and, drum toll please, to dive the Great Barrier Reef. Can’t wait, though extremely tired after almost 24 hours of travel with a cold thanks to taking care of my great niece and nephew before I left. RSV is something you want to avoid. It’s worse than COVID for me at least. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home