Nautical Nomad

These are the journals of a modern-day nomad from St. Paul, Minnesota. Included are land and sea travels from Africa to the Mediterranean to Indonesia. I've volunteered--released baby turtles into the ocean, conducted fish research, and written a marketing plan for a non-profit. The recent forcus has been to immerse myself in the local culture.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Cape Town

Another day in paradise, yet it's not so great for everyone here. I've been contemplating the similarities of how blacks have been treated here compared with in the U.S. If you've seen or read The Power of One, I've seen some of the conditions exhibited in that film. The racism that exists here is real and I haven't even seen Soweto. Lots to think about.

I have enjoyed some of the sites here--Table Mountain, the Cape of Good Hope, and Robbins Island where Mandala was imprisoned. All were wonderful to see for different reasons.

Off to the wine country and sand dunes tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home