Nautical Nomad

These are the journals of a modern-day nomad from St. Paul, Minnesota. Included are land and sea travels from Africa to the Mediterranean to Indonesia. I've volunteered--released baby turtles into the ocean, conducted fish research, and written a marketing plan for a non-profit. The recent forcus has been to immerse myself in the local culture.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Beginnings 2013

New Beginnings in India again, sans Justin. I'm doing a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training program Kerala India at the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres by Neyyar Dam. I'm reading the texts and not sure what I've gotten myself into this time. I've never used a neti pot, and so reading about threading a string into my nose and pulling it out of my mouth, and swallowing a 3" by 15' piece of muslin (only for two minutes) is raising some questions. This is all part of cleansing the body of all the toxins and poisons we consume knowingly and unknowingly. New Year's Eve will be the last of the meat and alcohol I'll be consuming for a long while, and who knows, maybe I'll come back a vegetarian. I'll certainly be stronger in my yoga practice, and I hope better at meditating, at least I should be if I'll be meditating while being still for an hour or two at a time. You might recognize me physically when you see me next, but who knows how much I'll have changed on the inside. I expect to post once a week on my day off, other than that, I'll be staying at the ashram and working on my yoga practice six days a week.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger prassanna said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Nautical in India

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger prassanna said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Nautical in India

 

Post a Comment

<< Home